Republic Wireless has provided additional details for its customers regarding the status of software updates for various phones. With customers still waiting for Android 5.1 and the patch for the Stagefright exploit, Repbulic Wireless wanted to provide some additional information. The carrier has given updates on all of its phones, which include:
- Moto X (2nd Gen.) : We are trying to schedule lab entry in the next couple of weeks for the EMR Stagefright fix
- Moto E (2nd Gen.) : We are trying to schedule lab entry in the next couple of weeks for the EMR Stagefright fix, at the same time as the Moto X (2nd Gen.) or very quickly after.
- Moto X (1st Gen.) : We are currently testing a Lollipop build internally which includes RW App and Architecture changes for fixes to Delayed Dialing and inbound calls to Voicemail, any Messaging app crashes, and the Stagefright fix. When this passes internal testing, we will schedule lab entry.
- Moto G (1st Gen.) : Next in line for the Lollipop build. We are waiting for a build from Motorola on this. It will incorporate all the fixes outlined for Moto X.
- Moto E (1st Gen.) : Third in line for the Lollipop build. We are waiting for a build from Motorola on this, and will incorporate all the fixes outlined for Moto X.
Additionally, Republic Wireless is looking into fixing Wi-Fi connectivity issues that some customers are experiencing. Apparently, third-party apps that use Bluetooth beacon are interfering in some way, so the carrier is looking at fixes to avoid that going forward. If you are a Repbulic Wireless customer, check out the full post below.
Source: Republic Wireless