When you think of enterprise access for users many of us automatically think of RIM and BlackBerry devices, but lately many companies have began to seek alternative options for their employees as well. As we know many people have left their previous smart phone to switch to Android and the only way to Google to keep up on their end was to enhance the security features that were available.
Whether the device is corporate or employee owned, the administrator will be able to put great security features in place, and if the employee leaves the company they will be able to remotely remove the company related information from the device. In addition to this ability, some of the other enhancements are:
- Remotely wipe all data from lost or stolen mobile devices
- Lock idle devices after a period of inactivity
- Require a device password on each phone
- Set minimum lengths for more secure passwords
- Require passwords to include letters and numbers
So, if your boss has been reluctant on allowing the use of Android devices due to fear of data privacy, let them know enhancements are constantly being made, and their information is secure on your device. [via Google Mobile Blog]