Verizon has released a large update for their Messages app that includes support for phone and tablet SMS/MMS sync. The update brings the app to version 2.0.
To sync your tablet and phone together so that you can send and receive text messages to both:
- Download the updated Verizon Messages app from the Android Market
- Ensure both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network
- Pair the devices by opening the app, hitting the Menu button then Pair Devices
After pairing, you should see the devices syncing messages with each other. This will allow you to send and receive all of your messages from your Android tablet. This feature includes text, picture and video messages. Up to four smartphones can be synced one tablet. There are no additional fees to use this feature.
Other improvements from the update:
- Ability to save text messages to SD card as a back-up
- Batch mode - ability to select multiple text messages to delete or save to SD card
- 3D message bubbles
- Main screen pop-up notification for new messages
- New message notification in Android notification bar
- Foreign language support (Spanish, Simple Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean and French)
- Message counter on tablets
- Tips and reminders
Please find more screenshots after the break as well as the most up-to-date version of the Verizon Messages app.
- Filed under: