It's been an unusually quiet week for international Android news, with much of the buzz in the past seven days focusing on the U.S. Galaxy S III launch and Google IO expectations (we'll be there, by the way!) But in amongst all the hype surrounding Samsung's new flagship and Jelly Bean and Nexus 7 rumors, we got the chance to go hands-on with LG's latest and greatest, the Optimus 4X HD. The 4X sees LG upping the ante considerably, and building on last year's offerings with a fantastic IPS screen and a speedy quad-core CPU. You'll want to go check out our initial review and hands-on video if you haven't already.
We also posted our exhaustive walkthrough of the TouchWiz Nature UX -- that's the latest version of Samsung's TouchWiz UI that you'll find on the new Galaxy S III. If there's anything at all you want to know about the S III's software, that's the place to find out.
Elsewhere, T-Mobile UK joined the list of UK carriers lowering European roaming rates on their customers in time for the summer, meaning significantly cheaper data rates for Brits traveling to the continent over the next few months. And LG hopped on the voice control bandwagon in its native South Korea, with the news of "Quick Voice", its own take on Samsung's S Voice and Apple's Siri.
And Canadians wanting to get their Samsung phones updated to Ice Cream Sandwich got some good news this week -- TELUS's Galaxy S II is on track to receive it on July 13, while Rogers' Galaxy S II LTE can be updated to ICS right now through Kies.
Be sure to keep watching AC over the next week -- we'll have at least two new device reviews for you, in addition to all the Google IO coverage you could want. In the meantime, check out some of the past seven days' highlights --
- LG Optimus 4X HD hands-on and initial review
- Samsung Galaxy S III USB host video walkthrough
- TouchWiz Nature UX: The definitive guide
- Samsung brings iTunes and iOS data to Galaxy devices with Easy Phone Sync
- Rogers Samsung Galaxy S II LTE ICS update now available through Kies
- Motorola and Alitalia pair up, Xoom tablets to appear on board
- LG unveils "Quick Voice" in Korea to take on Siri and S Voice
- T-Mobile UK announces new European data roaming plans
- Samsung CEO plans to improve software, user experience and design
- LG Optimus L5 launches in Europe this month
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 caught on video bearing Telcel wallpaper
- TELUS Galaxy Note due to get some ICS on July 13
- Canadians will see Samsung Galaxy S III delayed until June 27