Now that you've gotten your hands on a Galaxy S5, it's time to make it your own
One of the first things most people do when they get a new smartphone is customize it to their liking. For a lot of us, that involves some organizing. The Galaxy S5 makes doing things like creating folders, adding and customizing widgets, and rearranging icons fairly easy. Here's how:
How to move and rearrange icons on the Galaxy S5
- Find the app icon you'd like to move either from your Home screen or inside the App Drawer.
- Hold down on the icon and then drag it where you'd like.
- Release the icon to place it. If you placed it where another icon already was, that app simply gets moved to the next spot or swaps places.
That's all there is to it. Use this method to add apps to your Home screens from the App Drawer or to move existing Home screen icons to a new place.
How to create a new folder on the Galaxy S5
- Hold down on an icon on your Home screen.
- Now drag it to the top of the screen and drop it on the New Folder option.
- Go ahead and give the folder a name and then tap Done on the keyboard to create it.
- Drag any other apps that you'd like inside the folder.
How to add and adjust Home screen widgets on the Galaxy S5
- Hold down on the wallpaper of any Home screen or pinch your fingers together.
- On the edit screen, tap on Widgets.
- Tap on any widget in order to add it.
- Widgets that are customizable or have more than one option have an arrow next to them. Tap on the arrow to customize them or select a specific option.
- Tap the one you'd like from the submenu to add it to your Home screen.
- Once you've added a widget, you can tap and hold on it in order to customize its settings or remove it.
When you pick up a new Android phone, are there specific widgets or apps you immediately install and customize or do you just use the App Drawer and search? Let me know in the comments!
Daily Coronavirus updates: US COVID-19 death toll could exceed 100,000
COVID-19 has already infected over 720,000 people globally and caused over 34,000 fatalities. It has also had a huge impact on the tech industry, affecting the global supply chain and causing interminable product delays. Here are all the ways the coronavirus is affecting the world.
Control's Foundation DLC shows Remedy's still in top form
Remedy takes us back to the Oldest House on another exciting mission to save the Federal Bureau of Control. If this expansion is any indication, the next one potentially involving Alan Wake should be incredible.
Everything you need to know about the OnePlus 8, 8 Lite, and 8 Pro!
OnePlus wowed us in 2019 with an onslaught of excellent handsets, and for 2020, the company looks to one-up itself yet again. Between the OnePlus 8, 8 Lite, and 8 Pro, here's everything you need to know about what OnePlus is cooking up this year.
These cases will ensure that your Tab S4 is safe from accidents and more
If you want to keep your Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 protected, you’ll need to find the best case. We have found some of the best protective and functional cases that money can buy for your Tab S4.