ESPN UK announced an update to their Goals app for Android with a bunch of new features for
soccer football fans. Here's a run-down of the major changes.
- Fans can watch video from selected ESPN studio-based programming, such as its pre- and post-match studio analysis around its live televised football coverage, and video previews of upcoming matches featuring ESPN’s line-up of football experts.
- Introducing in-app social media functionality: video highlights can be shared with other ESPN Goals users and friends who do not have the app
- Enhanced video quality and design across all platforms: a new club personalisation tab allowing fans to track all videos, fixtures, news and scores around their clubs
- Goal and video alerts including half time, full time and weekend round-up clips
- Key season stats – top scorers, assists and discipline
- New Android version plus widget on home screen displaying live information when games are on
They also announced another Android app to go along with their new ESPNFC brand, though details on that are a bit skimpier. Anyone in the UK will be able to download the latest version of ESPN at the Google Play link above. Any football fans in the house? Which apps do you use to keep tabs on the latest matches?
- Filed under: