I will just come out and say it : I love Google Calendar (and all of Google's online apps for that matter). Using the "tasks" feature in Gmail and Google Calendar makes sure I never miss a due date to bad memory. That being said, you cannot access these tasks from within your calendar app on the phone. So, how is one to check paper due dates on the go?
The method I have gotten into using is not quite as elegant as I would like, but it works.
- Create a task in Gmail or Google Calendar using your computer's browser
- Open up your phone's browser and point it to gmail.com/tasks (only works in mobile browsers)
- You may have to enter your login information. Make sure to check "remember me"
- You should now see your task(s)
- Bookmark the site; I named it "tasks"
- Put the bookmark onto your home screen of choice (can be done by long-pressing on the bookmark from within the browser or long-pressing on your home screen and going through the menus)
You should now have a quick and easy way to view and edit your tasks. Now, if only Google would integrate tasks into the calendar app on the phone...
- Filed under:
- Tips and Guides
|Rate this tip:|