It took what for most Nexus One owners seemed to be a lifetime, but we now have the download location for Android 2.2 (Froyo). Here's what you need to do to flash it to your phone:
Update: Yeah. Hang on a sec guys. Sorry bout that.
We're doing ours right now, so stand buy, and sound of if you're having fun.
Update #2: You can install a FroYo nandroid backup (courtesy of scepterr at the CM irc channel) as long as you're running ERE27
- Backup everything via nandroid (this isn't a rooted ROM)
- download ERE27 Here
- download the nandroid version of FroYo Here
- reboot into custom recovery
- wipe all data
- flash the ERE27 update.zip file from step 2
- When finished, preform a nandroid restore using the nandroid image you downloaded in step 3
- enjoy some FroYo