The CBS News app for Android has been updated, adding CBSN to give you streaming news on-the-go.
The latest update to the CBS app for Android brings an all new design, along with a brand new channel: CBSN. CBSN is the latest digital news channel from CBS, which is aimed towards keeping you informed from your mobile device. The channel, which streams to your phone, will feature live anchor coverage, original reporting and breaking news. Beyond the addition of CBSN to the Android app, the update brings a bunch of other features as well.
Some of the new features include:
- Intuitive, customizable pop-out navigation, bigger headlines, adjustable font sizes, and quick access to related stories, videos and galleries.
- A "Quick Read" feature on phones which offers users an article preview before they click through to the full story.
- Expanded video-on-demand offerings from CBS News programs including CBS Evening News, CBS This Morning, 60 Minutes, 48 Hours, Sunday Morning and Face the Nation.
- Full-screen photo galleries.
- Special in-depth sections for big, ongoing news stories.
- The latest business headlines and market updates from CBS MoneyWatch.
- The ability to share interesting stories with friends and family via email, Facebook, or Twitter.
- Breaking news push notifications.
- Increased compatibility with all Android phones, 7" tablets, and 10" tablets running Android version 4.0 or higher (including Kindle ND and HDX).
The app is available now in the Google Play Store as a free download.