We're kind of aware of Samsung's Android plans which will focus more on Android itself than Google. But we're still not exactly sure what the hardware will look like and this S8000 dubbed the 'cubic' (probably because of the cube d-pad) is as good a bet as any to be the first Samsung device to run Android.
The 'cubic' name can also potentially hint at a 3D cube-like user interface that'll be integrated to the Android OS. We're hoping that Samsung is putting something nifty on top of Android because honestly, it shouldn't have taken so long to release an ordinary Android device.
The specs of the S8000 are as follows:
- 3.1″ AMOLED display, WVGA, 16 million colors
- 12 mm thin
- 5 MP camera with auto-focus and flash
- 2GB internal memory/microSD slot
- 3.5mm jack and FM radio
- 3G, Wi-Fi, GPS with A-GPS, Bluetooth 2.1 and USB
- Quad band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
- Dual band UMTS (900/2100 MHz)
The overall specs look pretty good and we're crossing our fingers and hoping that the S8000 releases to Android in the near future. What do you guys think?