A fresh update is rolling out to Google Photos for Android, bringing along a small but welcome feature: manual backup. As the name implies, manual backups allows you to perform a one-time backup of specific photos, even if you normally have the app set to only back up while charging.
Once you're on the latest version of Google Photos, you can initiate a manual backup by selecting the photos you want, then tapping "Back up now" from the three dot menu. Your photos should then start backing up regardless of your regular settings.
Manual backup is rolling out with the latest update to Google Photos on Google Play now.
- Getting to know the new Google Photos
- Get your Google Photos library started
- Manage Google Photos backup settings
- What happens when you delete pictures in Google Photos?
- Managing your shared photo links
- Where did Auto Awesome go?
- Discuss Google Photos in the forums!