For those of you who just can't wait to get that maintenance update for the HTC Droid Incredible, we've got the download location and instructions. It's all on the up and up, it's just that you're manually applying the update instead of waiting on it. It's the exact same update. Here you go:
- Grab the OTA file here from the Android Central Forums.
- Make sure it's named update.zip
- Copy it to the root (base directory) of your SD card. Don't put it in any folders, and don't put it on the internal memory.
- Shut your phone off
- While holding the volume down button, turn the phone back on.
- In the white Bootloader screen, select recovery from the list.
- In the recovery screen (the triangle with exclamation mark), press volume up and power. You'll go to the recovery menu.
- In the recovery menu, select "apply sdcard:update.zip"
- The phone will find the file, and when finished prompt you to reboot. Reboot via the menu, then patiently wait for the phone to reboot, and enjoy.
A reminder that if you're rooted, this'll break it. Need more help? Find it in our Droid Incredible Forums.
Here are the best alternatives to Dark Sky for Android
One of the more popular weather apps is leaving Android, so it's time to find yourself something new. Here are some weather apps I actually like more that you can turn to and fill the Dark Sky hole in your heart.
Google's AirDrop rival 'Nearby Share' finally starts rolling out
Google's Nearby Share platform, which lets users easily and anonymously share files with each other, has finally started rolling out. Initially, however, Nearby Share will only be available on select Pixel and Samsung Galaxy smartphones.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 appears in a new video leak ahead of launch
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 has shown up in leaked AT&T instructional videos, just a day before its official unveiling.
Snag a case and make sure your Nokia 3.2 avoids any scratches
There are a lot of cases for just about every smartphone that is released on the market, and there are new ones cropping up every day. This is a familiar sentiment for the Nokia 3.2 which launched in 2019, but is still seeing new case options made available regularly. We've sifted through the pile and found the best Nokia 3.2 cases today!