Google has now announced their Q3 2014 earnings and unsurprisingly, revenue for the company is up year over year. This time around, reported consolidated revenues of $16.52 billion for the quarter ending September 30, 2014, amounting to an increase of 20 percent compared to the third quarter of 2013.
Q3 Financial Highlights
- Revenues and other information - Google Inc. revenues for the quarter ended September 30, 2014 were $16.52 billion, representing a 20 percent increase over third quarter of 2013 revenues of $13.75 billion.
- Sites Revenues - Our sites generated revenues of $11.25 billion, or 68 percent of total revenues, in the third quarter of 2014. This represents a 20 percent increase over third quarter of 2013 sites revenues of $9.38 billion.
- Network Revenues - Our partner sites generated revenues of $3.43 billion, or 21 percent of total revenues, in the third quarter of 2014. This represents a 9 percent increase over third quarter of 2013 network revenues of $3.15 billion.
- Other Revenues - Other revenues were $1.84 billion, or 11 percent of total revenues, in the third quarter of 2014. This represents a 50 percent increase over third quarter of 2013 other revenues of $1.23 billion.
- Operating Expenses - Operating expenses, other than cost of revenues, were $6.10 billion in the third quarter of 2014, or 37 percent of revenues, compared to $4.58 billion in the third quarter of 2013, or 33 percent of revenues.
- Operating Income - GAAP operating income in the third quarter of 2014 was $3.72 billion, or 23 percent of revenues. This compares to GAAP operating income of $3.76 billion, or 27 percent of revenues, in the third quarter of 2013. Non-GAAP operating income in the third quarter of 2014 was $5.36 billion, or 32 percent of revenues. This compares to non-GAAP operating income of $4.62 billion, or 34 percent of revenues, in the third quarter of 2013.
Speaking on the results, "Google had another strong performance this quarter, with revenue up 20% year on year, at $16.5 billion," said Patrick Pichette, CFO of Google. "We continue to be excited about the growth in our advertising and emerging businesses."
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Samsung fixes the Galaxy S20 FE's touchscreen issues with new update
The Galaxy S20 FE has started receiving its second software update. In addition to device stability improvements, it also improves the responsiveness of the phone's touchscreen.
These are the best Synology NAS enclosures in 2020
With a network attached storage enclosure, you can easily back up data from all devices on your home network, and you can use it as a powerful media server. With options starting off from just $100, these are the best Synology NAS enclosures for home use.
When will my phone get Android 11?
There's a lot to look forward to with Android 11, but when will your phone actually get it? Here's everything we know!
Keep your Pixel 4a 5G looking its best with these screen protectors
The Pixel 4a 5G is finally here, giving users 5G future-proofing in the same design as the Pixel 4a from earlier in the year. However, now that Google's future-proofed device has arrived, you'll want to keep it protected for the years to come, so we've rounded up the best screen protectors.