This week revealed just about everything we could want to know about LG’s upcoming Nexus. We’ve had leaked photos and hands-on reports, news of release plans and even a review of the (somewhat broken) prototype handset that’s been doing the rounds. At this point, it’s pretty much a given that Google and LG will launch this year’s Nexus smartphone at some point in the next month or so. All that remains to be seen is whether there’ll be a major new version of Android to go with it.
But it wasn’t all Nexus news here at Android Central. We also brought you a full review of the cheap and cheerful ZTE Grand X, and a hands-on initial review with the Sony Xperia T. We also saw the launch of Andorid 4.1.2 on Nexus 7s and Galaxy Nexuses around the world. It was a big week for Samsung, too, which the unveiling of the Galaxy S3 Mini, and subsequent leaking of the Galaxy Premier.
And finally, there was tension between Chinese manufacturers ZTE and Huawei, and the U.S. Government, as a Congressional report brought forward allegations of corruption, bribery and influence by the Chinese government.
Check the list below for some of the main international Android stories of the past week. If you’ve got news, be sure to tip us at the usual address.
- O2 UK network issue affects 10 percent of subscribers
- Galaxy Mini shows up for pre-order at Phones4U
- Motorola RAZR i now available from Orange UK
- Motorola RAZR i launches in France
- Carphone Warehouse Spain lists 32GB Nexus 7
- Orange San Diego ICS update now rolling out
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini UK availability and pricing
- Samsung announces Galaxy S3 Mini
- LG Nexus crops up once again in higher quality pics
- Google Play Magazines launches in Australia
- LG Nexus 4 to launch on Oct. 29, says French newspaper
- LG Nexus 4 shows up in Carphone Warehouse inventory system
- Softbank launches Motorola RAZR M in Japan
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean update hits Korea
- Galaxy S3 with 64GB coming to selected regions
- 32GB Nexus 7 looks increasingly likely as new details leak
- ZTE, Huawei a risk to national security, says Congressional report
- Sony Xperia TX launches in Hong Kong
- O2 UK launches Xperia T Bond Phone variant
The latest Steve Aoki concert is even better in VR
Do you miss live concerts? Steve Aoki and Oculus are teaming up to help bring you an immersive live concert in VR on September 30 based on Neon Future IV, the 4th studio album launched earlier this year.
How to watch Google's Pixel 5 event livestream on September 30
Between new Pixel phones and an all-new Chromecast, we're expecting a few different hardware announcements from Google's "Launch Night In" event on Septemeber 30. Here's how you can tune-in and watch it!
Review: Until you Fall will punish you, but it's worth it
Until You Fall is a VR roguelite that'll challenge your skills with a blade, your wits, and your arm muscles. It's now available on the Oculus Quest, Oculus Quest 2, PlayStation VR (PSVR), and PC VR platforms including SteamVR and Oculus Rift.
These are the best cases for your Pixel 4a 5G
The Pixel 4a 5G looks boring in Just Black, but we can fix that! These cases are fun, fashionable, functional, and ready to carry your Pixel 4a 5G into the future.