Google Music has received a pretty major UI overhaul, which brings the interface on previous phones and tablets up to par with the version that ships with the Nexus 7. In short -- it's a great update. The Music app now has the same feeling that the Google+ app has, with plenty of big images and the trademark Google app look. The change log:
- Now Playing queue that allows for queuing and reordering of currently playing music.
- New UI for navigation with transport controls on the action bar.
- New large album art view on Recent.
- Playlist art is now constructed from album art of songs in the playlist.
- Now Playing widget has album art and support for thumbs up.
- Harder, better, faster, stronger.
The changes are great, and the app now has a polish it lacked before. It's great to see the various teams at Google pushing out great updates for their Android apps. If you're a Google Music user (and you should be) this is one you won't want to miss. It's rolling out, including an update for the Nexus 7, via Google Play for devices running Android 2.2 or higher. Grab it at the link below.