As I'm sure most of you are aware of by now -- Google today announced Android 2.3.4 would be rolling out for the Samsung Nexus S in the coming weeks. Luckily, we don't have to sit around and wait for Google these days to get in the love. In fact, if you're a Samsung Nexus S owner, you can hit the link below -- download the update and install Android 2.3.4 manually. Here are your instructions:
- Download the file from Google right here
- Place it on the root of your internal storage
- Shut down your phone, and reboot into the bootloader by holding volume up and powering back on
- Use the volume buttons to choose "recovery" from the list, and select it with the power button
- When you see the triangle on your screen, hold power and then press volume up and you'll have a list of options, choose the file to update
That's it, folks, after completing those steps you'll have a fresh install of Android 2.3.4. If you happen to have any troubles along the way, jump into the Android Central forums and we'll get you fixed up.
Update: If you're already rooted, and want to stay that way we have a quick and dirty method to go from whatever ROM you're using now to a clean and rooted build of 2.3.4 in the Nexus S hacking forums.
More coverage: Nexus S forums. Thanks, Carter!
- Related devices: