What a week. If you blinked at all you missed something fun about the Nexus S, Gingerbread, or one of the million other device updates we saw. Weeks like this really help us see just how much Android is taking over, and with over 300,000 Android activations daily, we don't expect the trend to slow at all. Let's take a look at some of the news from the past week that you may have missed.
- Hands-on with the new Android Market
- Google doodles going mobile
- Gingerbread SDK is released! Update: Video / Developers have new toys to play with
- 'Will my phone get Gingerbread?' Here's our official unofficial upgrade list
- Android activations now number over 300,000 daily, Andy Rubin tweets
- Get the Gingerbread launcher now
- Gmail app updated with better reply, priority inbox features
- Droid X getting non-Gingerbread update
- Best Buy Nexus S site goes live, again / Available Dec 16 with pricing announced
- Motorola Droid getting another update -- it's not Gingerbread
- U.S. Cellular to launch LG Optimus U
- Nexus S and Gingerbread video gallery
- Video: Andy Rubin with the Motorola tablet and Honeycomb
- Notion Ink Adam tablet -- all six variants -- available for preorder later today
Here are the best alternatives to Dark Sky for Android
One of the more popular weather apps is leaving Android, so it's time to find yourself something new. Here are some weather apps I actually like more that you can turn to and fill the Dark Sky hole in your heart.
Google's AirDrop rival 'Nearby Share' finally starts rolling out
Google's Nearby Share platform, which lets users easily and anonymously share files with each other, has finally started rolling out. Initially, however, Nearby Share will only be available on select Pixel and Samsung Galaxy smartphones.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 appears in a new video leak ahead of launch
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 has shown up in leaked AT&T instructional videos, just a day before its official unveiling.
Snag a case and make sure your Nokia 3.2 avoids any scratches
There are a lot of cases for just about every smartphone that is released on the market, and there are new ones cropping up every day. This is a familiar sentiment for the Nokia 3.2 which launched in 2019, but is still seeing new case options made available regularly. We've sifted through the pile and found the best Nokia 3.2 cases today!