Need a light? The Samsung Galaxy S4 has a very useful LED flash for you.
The camera flash on the Samsung Galaxy S4 is powerful enough to be used as a flashlight to peek into dark corners — under the couch, down the stairs, in the recesses of the closet, or where ever else you may need to look. Samsung devices come pre-installed with a handy toggle for this kind of utility.
- Tap the Apps icon in the bottom right of the home screen
- Tap the Widgets tab at the top of the screen
- Swipe left or right until you find the Assistive Light widget
- Tap and hold the widget for a moment, drag the widget to the home screen you desire, then release
- Now tap the Assistive Light widget to enable your camera flash as a flashflight.
Keep in mind that leaving this on for a lengthy amount of time will have an impact on the battery. Also, there are flashlight apps in Google Play that provide more involved functionality than what's bundled with the Samsung Galaxy S4. Here are a few options to consider.
- Download: Torch - Tiny Flashlight (free)
- Download: Flashlight HD LED (free)
- Download: LED Torch & Clock (free)
- Download: TeslaLED Flashlight (free)
- Download: Amazing Flashlight (free)
That's a quick and dirty rundown of using your Samsung Galaxy S4 LED as a torch. Do you have any favorite apps? Any time the flashlight has come in really handy?
Fitness apps and wearables are great, as long as you aren't in a wheelchair
Plenty of people with mobility issues want to buy fitness-based wearables, myself included. Right now they shouldn't because it seems like no company wants their money bad enough to work for it.
Samsung One UI 2.0 review: The best (and worst) Android 10 features
Here's everything you need to know about One UI 2.0 for your Samsung phone.
Everything you need to know about the Galaxy Z Fold 2!
The first Galaxy Fold was one of the most impressive smartphones of recent years, and now, Samsung's following up on it with the Galaxy Z Fold 2. Here's everything you need to know about it!
The best replacement bands for your 46mm Galaxy Watch
The strap included with the Galaxy Watch is fine, but these offer much more customization. Not only do these straps offer you the chance to change up the style of your watch, but you also get materials that bring added durability for a strap that can take what you throw at it.