As we venture forth into the fall smartphone silly season, there’s plenty of international news to go around. Coming out of IFA, we learned a little more about Samsung’s Galaxy Note II, including tentative release dates and price points for the UK and Europe. Elsewhere, Sony’s Xperia T failed to show up on the retailer-promised release date of Sept 5, and Sony’s now telling us to expect a launch around Sept. 28. And in other Sony news, the new Xperia Tablet S, which was announced just a week ago in Berlin, is now available to buy.
Following Motorola’s big event in New York City, some details slipped out surrounding Moto’s international plans for the RAZR M, its new mid-ranger. Apparently the phone will arrive on British shores later this month with an Intel Atom chip inside, instead of the Snapdragon S4 found in the U.S. version. That’d make the RAZR M the first Intel-powered Android smartphone from a top-tier manufacturer, which is a big deal around these parts.
In carrier news, Vodafone announced a new price plan for heavy network users, dubbed ‘Vodafone Red.’ Red offers unlimited calls and texts -- just as customers are using less and less of both -- and keeps data capped at between 1 and 2GB. There are promising noises coming from Everything Everywhere on the data front, though, as the offspring of Orange and T-Mobile UK looks set to announce its new brand and 4G network at a London event next Tuesday (we’ll be there!)
And finally, Kindle Fire came to the UK. the second-generation Fire will launch in Blighty next month, along with the 7-inch Kindle Fire HD. Amazon hasn’t revealed any plans to launch the 8.9-inch Kindle Fire HD outside the U.S. yet, but it is offering both 7-inchers at highly competitive price points -- £129 for the basic Fire, and a Nexus 7-matching £159 for the HD.
Check out all the latest international developments from around the Android world below. If you’ve got news, be sure to tip us at the usual address.
- Kindle Fire HD hands-on
- Why the Samsung Galaxy Camera makes perfect sense
- Motorola RAZR M hands-on
- Red Samsung Galaxy S3 makes debut at Carphone Warehouse
- Samsung preparing dual-SIM Galaxy Note 2 for China
- LG teases Optimus G phone once again
- Virgin Media announces new TV streaming service for the UK
- Everything Everywhere to launch new network on Tuesday
- HTC One SC makes debut in China
- Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD headed to the UK for £129 and £159
- Vodafone Red launches with unlimited calls and texts
- Sony Xperia Tablet S launches in the UK, yours for £239
- ICS-powered Kobo Arc unveiled, priced at £160
- Motorola RAZR M coming to the UK with Intel inside
- Sony Xperia T on target for late September release
- Rogers bringing Motorola RAZR HD LTE to Canada
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 gets UK price and release date
- New Sony Xperia phones get tentative eurozone pricing
- HTC Desire X gets SIM-free price in the UK
- O2 UK blocking ICS update for Xperia Arc, Ray, Neo
- Hands-on with ICS on the Orange San Diego
Watch all your favorite Hallmark Christmas movies for just $10 — here's how
Hallmark movies are a staple of any Christmas tradition. Whether you want to binge those or anything else you can think of, this $10 Black Friday deal for a month of Philo is a streaming offer you can't ignore.
Why you should use a monitor arm for better productivity and posture
Get your monitor up off of your desk! Your neck and eyes will thank you and you'll be able to go for that minimalistic look or just have more desktop space to fill up.
Keep your phone charged 24/7 with this $15 battery pack Black Friday deal
From more convenient charging at home or on-the-go, there's no denying the importance of a portable charger. This one from Mophie is down to a seriously low $15 price for Black Friday.
These are the best cases for your brand new Pixel 4a 5G!
The Pixel 4a 5G looks boring in Just Black, but we can fix that! These cases are fun, fashionable, functional, and ready to carry your Pixel 4a 5G into the future.