Compared to all the drama stateside surrounding the customs woes of HTC's new handsets, it was a fairly quiet week for international Android news. But even a quiet week here in the Android world has its share of phone launches, update news, release announcements and the like, so let's dive right in.
We got our first peek at the HTC Desire C this week, as HTC prepares to launch its successor to the Wildfire S. With NFC, ICS and Beats Audio on-board, the Desire C looks like a surprisingly feature-packed little device, and we're looking forward to getting our hands on it in the near future for a full review. Speaking of reviews, we wrapped up our Motorola Motoluxe review this week -- Richard found it to be a well-built entry-level handset, albeit one that's limited by Moto's slightly janky software additions.
And the countdown to the Samsung Galaxy S III launch continues -- T-Mobile UK announced its pricing for the device, and we heard that some stores in the UK will be opening the evening before the official launch day to give eager pre-order customers the chance to pick up their handsets.
We also got a release date for an Android flagship from another manufacturer -- LG revealed that it'll launch the Optimus 4X HD in Europe starting in June.
Check out some choice cuts from the past week's international Android developments below, and if you've got news, be sure to tip us at the usual address.
- 200 movies available to rent for 5p on HTC Watch this weekend
- Another minor OTA for the international HTC One X
- Pink Samsung Galaxy Note headed to the UK in June
- Samsung Galaxy S III sees 9 million pre-orders
- Samsung reveals official Galaxy S III TV ad
- Samsung opening first store in Canada
- Motorola XOOM Wifi Android 4.0.3 OTA available in Canada
- HTC and Samsung reportedly make up 86% of UK Android sales
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus vehicle dock launches in the UK on May 22
- Samsung Galaxy S III up for pre-order at T-Mobile UK
- Sony Xperia ICS updates coming 'late May, early June'
- HTC Desire C arriving May 24 for £190, says retailer
- Samsung Galaxy S III available a day early for pre-order customers
- Samsung Galaxy S III user manual appears online
- HTC Desire C is official - ICS, NFC and Beats on a 3.5-inch screen
- O2 UK reportedly rolling out DC-HSPA in 'major cities'
- HTC One XL now available in Australia from Mobicity
- LG Optimus 4X HD coming to Europe in June
- Motorola launches Xoom 2 in Sweden and other countries
- Three UK HTC One S OTA update now rolling out
- Official Samsung Galaxy S III accessories sighted
- T-Mobile UK reveals Galaxy S III pricing
There are so many Alexa speakers so let us help you decide which to buy
Whether you buy an Amazon-branded Echo smart speaker or something from a third party like Sonos or Eufy, there are a lot of great Alexa speakers to choose from. That's why we're here to break down your options for you to help you make the best purchase decision.
Did you pre-order the Google Pixel 5?
The Google Pixel 5 has arrived in all of its official glory. Now that we know how much the phone costs and what specs it's packing, did you get your pre-order in?
Review: The HP x360 14c is not just a good Chromebook, it's a good laptop
Chromebook fans who are looking for the perfect balance of form, function, and fun have several great devices to choose from in late 2020. HP just put the others on notice that the Chromebook x360 14c is officially part of that exclusive club.
These are the best cases for your brand new Pixel 4a 5G!
The Pixel 4a 5G looks boring in Just Black, but we can fix that! These cases are fun, fashionable, functional, and ready to carry your Pixel 4a 5G into the future.