The past week in international Android Central coverage has been dominated by two highly-anticipated new devices -- Samsung's Galaxy S III and Orange's new Intel-powered San Diego. We published our exhaustive review of the former, and a complete video walkthrough of the latter. And whereas the Galaxy S III may be the latest and greatest Android flagship, it's the San Diego which could be the true representation of the Android's future. We're sure plenty of consumers will find room in their pockets for Intel-powered Androids in the months ahead, and we found the San Diego to be a reasonably-priced handset that offers exceptional performance even on a single core. Stay tuned for our full review in the near future.
In other news, we received the first word that the "pebble blue" Galaxy S III has started shipping in Europe and Australia, marking the end of the delays surrounding that model. And UK networks O2 and Vodafone announced an infrastructure-sharing plan that could help both networks roll out 4G LTE coverage to more Brits, more quickly.
We'd definitely recommend you check out our full review of the Galaxy S III and walkthrough of the Orange San Diego, as well as the rest of the week's highlights linked below. (And watch out for our full review of the Sony Xperia P in the next week or so). If you've got international news, be sure to tip us at the usual address.
- Sony Xperia Neo L photos leak out online
- SK Telecom leak suggests quad-core 2GB Galaxy S III may be Korea-bound
- Vodafone UK pebble blue Galaxy S III now shipping
- O2 and Vodafone announce infrastructure sharing agreement in the UK
- HTC One V coming to TELUS on June 8
- Pebble blue Galaxy S III starting to arrive on Australian shores
- Intel-powered Orange San Diego going on sale today
- Korean language support added to Dropbox for Android
- LG Optimus L7 launches on Fido in Canada
- Verizon's Galaxy S III to support international roaming, eventually
- Pebble blue Galaxy S III arriving in the Netherlands
- Revised ICS update schedule from Canadian carrier TELUS
- Galaxy S III officially UK's most popular smartphone
- ASUS partnering with BlueStacks to bring Android to millions of PCs
I turned off my phone for a day and it was the best decision I made in 2020
The internet is great and useful for so many things. But a day without it was like a reboot inside me. You should try it.
Review: Dyson Pure Humidify + Cool is an incredible three-in-one system
Dyson's latest product combines a fan, air purifier, and humidifier into a single unit. The Pure Humidify + Cool has a premium design, delivers outstanding performance at both purification and humidification, and is an ideal product for the new work-from-home normal.
Don't delete your Oculus Facebook account if you want to keep your games
Nowadays, your Facebook account is your Oculus account. Make sure you don't delete it if you want to keep your games.
Keep your Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 looking stylish with a new band
If you recently purchasedthe new Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 or you're planning to do so soon, make sure you've got the right bands for it!