We love Twitter clients. That's no secret around here. And the free Seesmic Twitter client for Android just got an update. It's a biggie, and likely enough to return it to my regular Twitter rotation.
First up (and foremost for me) is the ability to access multiple Twitter accounts. (Note to any developer working on a Twitter app: That really is a necessity. I don't care what normal people tell you.)
You also can send a tweet to one or several accounts at once. Just like with the desktop client. That's another biggie for those of us with personal and work accounts. (
One thing that's missing, however: a "Jump to top" option. Oh. Found it.)
Other additions to the latest version of Seesmic include:
- Adding an Extra Large text size option
- Your profile information (avatar, number of following and followers,...) will now be updated automatically
- Changing your Twitter account password will now be handled by the application
- Composer now auto-corrects and auto-capitalize your words and sentences
- Notifications are now cleared when the application is accessed from Launcher
- Easily changing default account from the application's Settings
- Can remove a Twitter account simply by pressing on it
If you're already using Seemic, you should get an update notification. If you're not using it, scan the QR code above (or click on it from your Android browser) and give it a shot.
And after the break, Seesmic founder and head cheerleader Loic Lemeur shows off the update.