The Material Design guidelines make it that much easier for app developers to tailor their apps to fit the design of the latest version of Android. These are the highlights of what's new in today's update to the design specifications:
- Data tables: guidance on presenting data sets, particularly in desktop products
- Units and measurements: a description of the different units used in material design, including guidance on using density-independent pixels (DPs)
- App structure: suggestions for top-level navigation in your app
- Component sticker sheet for After Effects to help streamline your motion design workflow
- Floating action buttons now have their own section, with added guidance on behavior and transitions
- Updated guidance on Typography, Cards, Dialogs, Tabs and Scrolling.
Head to the link below to get an in-depth look at all that's new in the latest update to the guidelines.
Samsung Galaxy phones will now get three years of OS updates
Samsung will start giving its Galaxy phones the same update treatment that Google gives its Pixels.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Plus hands on: Unfulfilled potential
Samsung refuses to lets its dream of Android tablets die, and the latest example of this is the Galaxy Tab S7+. It's an incredibly well-built gadget with premium specs galore, but is it enough to overcome the state of Android on a tablet in 2020?
Did you pre-order the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra?
The Galaxy Note 20 Ultra is a seriously impressive device, and as of right now, pre-orders are open. Have you splurged for the phone yet?
Spruce up your Galaxy S20 Ultra with these leather cases
You can never go wrong with a leather case, especially when it's for a phone as premium as the Galaxy S20 Ultra. Here are our top picks!