p style="text-align: center;">
Probably one of the most anticipated smartphone firmware updates ever, Cupcake for Android sure is taking its sweet time to release. Obviously, the on-screen keyboard is a huge draw in its interest but there are a ton of new features that we shouldn't overlook. In the embedded video, a developer details the newest features of Android after the Cupcake Update. It's a great watch. And if you want to take Android Cupcake out for a personal spin (on an emulator, of course) here's how:
1. Download and install the Android SDK found here.2. Download this zip containing new latest Android images:
3. Unpack files to a temporary location.
- android_images_sdk1.5.zip (28Mb)
4. Backup the folder <android-sdk-folder>/tools/lib/images (<android-sdk-folder> is the Android SDK installation folder)
5. Replace the files ramdisk.img, system.img and userdata.img in <android-sdk-folder>/tools/lib/images with the files unpacked from the zip in step 3. 6. Start the emulator and wait.
Enjoy! Be sure to tell us what you think of Cupcake!
- Filed under: