If you were one of the many who jumped on the Pebble Time bandwagon, you'll be happy to know that Pebble is rolling out a new firmware update to the smartwatch, as well as an update to the companion Android app. The new firmware brings a number of interesting additions, including new setting for the backlight, font size, and support for more music players. Here's the full breakdown:
- New Backlight settings: Adjust intensity and time-out duration.
- New Font Size settings: Adjust the displayed font size in notifications, layouts, and other areas of the system.
- New Vibration settings: Adjust the vibration strength for notifications, incoming calls, alerts, etc. Default vibration setting is less strong than the previous default. Vibration strength increases automatically if watch is in motion.
- Music (Android): Added support for most music players (e.g. Pandora, Spotify, Songza), improved display of track metadata, play/pause detection (app now displays separate pause and play icons to match current playback status).
- Notifications: A collection of improvements and fixes to enhance the notifications experience, including a new Dismiss All action.
- Bug fixes and stability improvements.
Alongside the firmware update comes an update to the Pebble Time app for Android, bringing it up to version 3.2 with a new search bar and more:
- NEW: Search bar to find saved apps and watch faces in your My Pebble menu.
- NEW: Notification preferences are now preserved after updating the Android app to a new version.
- IMPROVED: Support for setting up long canned replies to notifications.
- Bug fixes and stability improvements to version 3.1.1.
Overall, these are some pretty nice changes for Pebble's latest smartwatch. To update your firmware, simply navigate to the support section of the menu in the Android app. And, as always, the Android app update can be found in Google Play now.