I might have just found my perfect Android travel app. Worldmate is now in beta for Android, and it pretty much combines every feature I need in an app to keep me pointed in the right direction while on the road.
You'll start by either signing in or signing up with Worldmate, which was painless enough. Then you sign into the app and are greeted by the screen you see above. Let's work our way down.
- My trips: There's no manually inputting flights here. Like with some other travel apps, you'll e-mail your itinerary-- flights, hotel, etc. -- to Worldmate, which snags the details and forwards them to your phone. Once it's there, you have flight info, maps, ticket info, weather, the works. You can share your trips and get reminders all on your phone.
- Book a hotel: Just like it sounds. Book a hotel from your phone through Hotels.com.
- Weather forecast: Get the weather in your city, cities you're slated to visit, or search for a city's weather.
- Currency converter: Figure out how much something costs between dozens of currencies.
- Travel notification: Customize your notifications.
For me, it comes down to a few things: The ability to upload entire itineraries at once, maps, weather and flight info -- and the all-important confirmation number -- all in once place. I'm going to have to use this on the road to give it final judgment. But the early verdict is that, at least for me, it combines the right info with enough UI juice to keep me up to date but not overwhelmed. Check out more screen shots after the break, and get your beta copy now. [Worldmate]