It's the calm before the storm, ladies and gents -- in just a few days, the Samsung Galaxy S III launch will be upon us. Until then, the barrage of phone launches, software updates and rumors and reviews continues. This week we reviewed Samsung's Galaxy S Advance on Three, the manufacturer's latest mid-range Android offering. And we also heard rumors about when the Galaxy S III might be arriving on Canadian and Australian shores. And in other Galaxy S III news, UK retailer the Carphone Warehouse revealed that it'd offer the device a day early to pre-order customers, from 7pm on May 29.
Elsewhere, the Sony Xperia P, Xperia U and Xperia Sola finally saw international release. And we learned that German consumers will soon be able to get their hands on the HTC One XL -- that's the Snapdragon S4-powered, LTE-guzzling version of the HTC One X.
Finally, some disappointing news for Xperia Play owners around the world, as it emerged that Sony's PlayStation-certified device won't be updated to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, on account of game compatibility issues. However, Sony's assured us that other 2011 Xperia updates are scheduled to roll out within the next week.
We're in for a crazy week of Galaxy S III coverage in just a few days, so keep watching AC for all the latest. In the meantime, here's a rundown of some of the top international Android stories from the past seven days.
(Keep watching this weekend for our upcoming review of the Sony Xperia U)
- T-Mobile UK pegs the Sony Xperia U at the low, low price of free
- Panasonic Eluga Power now expected in the UK in Q3
- Leaked screenshot points to possible June 20 launch for Galaxy S III in Canada
- Samsung Galaxy Ace DUOS sees wider release
- Samsung Galaxy Note ICS update now pushing out in India
- Sony Xperia P, U and Sola available internationally
- Three UK increasing contract prices from July
- ASUS Padfone and TF700 due for Aussie launch in July
- Samsung possibly hosting event next week in Australia, SGS3 announcement due?
- HTC One XL coming to Germany on Vodafone, O2 and T-Mobile
- Sony Xperia S ICS status update
- Spotify now live in Australia and New Zealand
- Three UK launches Samsung Galaxy Ace 2
- Carphone Warehouse to offer early collection for Galaxy S III pre-orders
- Samsung and O2 unveil Olympic editions for Galaxy Note and Galaxy Y
- Three UK launches Sony Xperia U
Everything you need to know about the Pixel 4a and Pixel 4a 5G
The Pixel 4a is now available, the Pixel 4a 5G is coming soon, and we've rounded up everything you need to know about both phones. Let's dive in!
What to expect from Amazon's September 2020 Alexa & Ring hardware event
Amazon is set to host its annual fall hardware event on Thursday, September 24. Here are a few devices that we might expect to see at tomorrow's event.
How does Samsung's S Pen work so damn well?
There are other reasons to want a Galaxy Note, but if you want a good stylus experience, it's really the only phone that has one. That's because Samsung has made the S Pen part of the phone through both hardware and software.
Travel in peace with these cases for the Jabra Elite 65t
If you're planning to take your new earbuds on a trip with you, you may want a better case. Whether it's something cheap or a solid-hard case, there are tons of options to pick from. Here are some of the best and highly rated Jabra Elite 65t travel cases for your headphones to check out before your next adventure.