WifiMapper is a new Android app from the OpenSignal team that will help you quickly and easily find the nearest free Wi-Fi hotspot. The app will show the best free hotspots, from local coffee shops to cafes and libraries. The OpenSignal team is using its own algorithm to recommend locations to users, and corrections can be made if the signal is no good, or you think the coffee is terrible. Some of the other big features include:
- Map of nearby free Wi-Fi hotspots (either at home or abroad)
- Foursquare and WifiMapper comments - get more information about the hotspot venue
- Help improve the database - tell the community more about the Wi-Fi
- View a history of all the wifi points you've connected to and see how well they performed (Android only!)
- Help crowdsource by using the app you help map more free wifi points
You can download WifiMapper from the Google Play Store now, and find the best local connections to save your carrier data for another time.