For those of you who just can't wait to get that maintenance update for the HTC Droid Incredible, we've got the download location and instructions. It's all on the up and up, it's just that you're manually applying the update instead of waiting on it. It's the exact same update. Here you go:
- Grab the OTA file here from the Android Central Forums.
- Make sure it's named update.zip
- Copy it to the root (base directory) of your SD card. Don't put it in any folders, and don't put it on the internal memory.
- Shut your phone off
- While holding the volume down button, turn the phone back on.
- In the white Bootloader screen, select recovery from the list.
- In the recovery screen (the triangle with exclamation mark), press volume up and power. You'll go to the recovery menu.
- In the recovery menu, select "apply sdcard:update.zip"
- The phone will find the file, and when finished prompt you to reboot. Reboot via the menu, then patiently wait for the phone to reboot, and enjoy.
A reminder that if you're rooted, this'll break it. Need more help? Find it in our Droid Incredible Forums.