So you've got an app idea, but how do you make it a successful app idea? Google is here with a handy guide that aims to help you with everything you need to know about having an app that's successful on Google Play. With over a million apps to choose from and hundreds of millions of customers, it can be a bit overwhelming for both the seller and the buyer. So now in Google Play Books you'll find "The Secrets to App Success on Google Play: A guide to useful features, tips, and best practices that will help you grow a successful app business on Google Play."
Here's a quick run-down of what you'll get from the Secrets book:
- Publishing on Google Play — using the Google Play Developer Console to distribute your app to over 1 billion Android users worldwide.
- Quality — The fundamentals of building a great app and an insight into the Google Play guidelines and policies.
- Discoverability & reach — Maximizing your app's discoverability and reaching the widest audience possible.
- Engagement & retention — Converting installations into active users and improving user retention.
- Monetization — Monetization strategies to generate ongoing, growing revenue streams.
- Measurement with Google Analytics — Understanding your users and improving your app experience, conversions, and marketing.
- Going global — Launching your app in local markets around the world.
It's a whole 81 pages, so it's a decent read, but it's what you need to know if you really want a shot at making it big in Google Play. Of course, it always helps to have a good app too. You can grab "The Secrets to App Success on Google Play" for free off Google Play now.