Google Photos has received a substantial update, redesigning the interface and making it easier to find different features like Assistant and Albums. Rather than hiding these sections away in a sidebar, Assistant, Albums, and Photos can now be found in a bar at the bottom of the screen.
In addition to their new placement, both Albums and Assistant have been redesigned. Albums now offers easier access to all of your personal and shared albums, and makes it easier to find photos of specific people and places. Assistant now sports large buttons at the top of the screen to help you perform popular actions quickly. You can create a new album, collage, animation, or movie, all with a single tap.
Naturally, this update is currently rolling out, so it may be a little while before you see it. You can grab Google Photos on the Google Play Store now.
- Getting to know the new Google Photos
- Get your Google Photos library started
- Manage Google Photos backup settings
- What happens when you delete pictures in Google Photos?
- Managing your shared photo links
- Where did Auto Awesome go?
- Discuss Google Photos in the forums!