Cat Phones has announced their S50 model earlier this month. It's a rugged LTE smartphone designed specifically to be used outdoors and in challenging environments. It's waterproof, scratch-resistant, dustproof and can withstand more than just a few bumps and scrapes. We first played with the Cat S50 at IFA, but we met with them again last night to have a closer look. Watch our hands-on video.
- Android (4.4) KitKat
- Waterproof with wet-finger tracking
- IP67 certified dustproof
- Mil Spec 810G
- Scratch resistant
- 4.7-inch Shatter resistant Gorilla glass 3
- 8MP camera with flash and HD video
- Quad-core 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor
- 2GB RAM
- 4G LTE
- 16Hrs of talk-time
- 8GB storage. Micro SD card support up to 64GB
Cat Phones is expected to release the S50 sometime in the late fourth quarter, although no carriers have been named yet. The price is expected to be in the low $400's off contract.
What do you think of the S50? Let us know in the comments!