If you've visited London in recent years, you'll probably have seen the bright blue Barclays rental bikes (also known as Boris bikes) strategically positioned around the city. To celebrate the second anniversary of the bikes' launch in the Britain's capital, the official Barclays Bikes app for Android and iOS has received a substantial update.
The app allows Londoners to find bikes near them, plan a journey, or use a rental timer to work out how much they'll need to pay. Today's update adds a host of new features, including enhanced journal planning and navigation, which should hopefully make the rental experience a little easier amid the bustle of the Olympic Games.
Here's what's new --
- Find-a-Cycle: PINs are colour coded, depending how full the docking station is, and how many spaces are available.
- Plan-a-Ride: New cycle-optimised routes provided by Cyclestreets, with choice of speedy, steady or quiet routes
- Turn-by-Turn directions and Google Map view
- Bookmark option: Save your favourite docking stations for easy access
- Help section: Consolidating previous elements for ease of use
- Refresh of Cycle Superhighways content and look and feel
The updated Barclays Bikes app is available now on Google Play for devices running Android 2.2 and above.
Download: Barclays Bikes on Google Play
- Filed under: