Alongside the new set of Chromecasts, Google also announced an updated Chromecast app. Now the update is live on Google Play, bringing a revamped design and more of a focus on content discovery. Whereas the previous version of the app mostly functioned as a way to get your Chromecast up and running, the new version adds in a new "What's On" section, allowing you to browse and search titles available across Cast-enabled services, and more. Here's the full skinny on what's new:
- What's On: Browse popular and featured content from your favorite cast-enabled apps.
- Devices: Personalize backdrop with Facebook and Flickr photo albums and control (play, pause & change volume) all your Chromecast devices.
- Get Apps: Discover new offers and cast-enabled apps from content partners, through our curated and merchandised experience.
- Search: Find where you can cast your favorite movies and TV shows.
- Support for: All new Chromecast devices, Android M
If you'd like to check out all of the new features, you can head on over to Google Play to download the update now. Additionally, we'll have a post going hands-on with the new app soon, so keep an eye out for that.