Microsoft is having a busy day with the official launch of Windows 10, but it has some time to update its Xbox Music app for Android. In short, the name of the app itself has changed to Groove, along with some other additions and improvements.
Microsoft decided earlier this month to rebrand Xbox Music to Groove across all its platforms, in order to focus the Xbox name on the company's gaming efforts. Here's what you can expect from the newly changed Groove app:
- Offline playback is now supported for many new devices
- You no longer need Groove Music Pass to use the app! (Certain features still require it)
- New app name and design
- Music in your OneDrive music folder now appears as part of your collection
- In addition to playlists, you can now download individual songs and albums for offline use
- Filter your music to see just what's available offline
- Various bug fixes
You can download Groove for Android in the Google Play Store.