The guidelines now come with detailed instructions on how to present data tables as well as creating content for high-density displays, with floating action buttons getting their own section.
The Material Design guidelines make it that much easier for app developers to tailor their apps to fit the design of the latest version of Android. These are the highlights of what's new in today's update to the design specifications:
- Data tables: guidance on presenting data sets, particularly in desktop products
- Units and measurements: a description of the different units used in material design, including guidance on using density-independent pixels (DPs)
- App structure: suggestions for top-level navigation in your app
- Component sticker sheet for After Effects to help streamline your motion design workflow
- Floating action buttons now have their own section, with added guidance on behavior and transitions
- Updated guidance on Typography, Cards, Dialogs, Tabs and Scrolling.
Head to the link below to get an in-depth look at all that's new in the latest update to the guidelines.