A new update is rolling out to the Google Photos app on Android, bringing a number of changes that should make finding and managing your photos a bit easier. Perhaps the biggest change is the addition of a dedicated search bar, which now sits ever-present at the top of the app.
Simply tap the search bar, and you'll be able to easily check out your recent search phrases, people, search types and even places. Simply tap one to perform a quick search, or type in your query as always. This new search bar replaces the old floating action button.
That's not all that's new in the latest update, of course. Google Photos now also offers the ability to customize its automatically created movies with music, photos and videos that you choose. And in a win for micromanagers, you can now rename or delete device folders you created and move photos between them.
The latest update is rolling out on Google Play now, so it may take some time to land for everyone.
- Getting to know the new Google Photos
- Get your Google Photos library started
- Manage Google Photos backup settings
- What happens when you delete pictures in Google Photos?
- Managing your shared photo links
- Where did Auto Awesome go?
- Discuss Google Photos in the forums!