Google says 'smelling is believing' but this one certainly smells a bit fishy
Google still isn't finished with the April Fools' shenanigans, and the announcement of Google Nose may be the silliest one yet. Billing it as "the new scentsation in search", the website lists a full set of features:
- Your internet sommelier: expertly curated Knowledge Panels pair images, descriptions, and aromas.
- Take a wiff: the Google Aromabase - 15M+ scentibytes.
- Don't ask, don't smell: For when you're wary of your query - SafeSearch included.
- Street Sense vehicles have inhaled and indexed millions of atmospheric miles.
- Android Ambient Odor Detection collects smells via the world's most sensible mobile operating system.
- SMELLCD™ 1.8+ high-resolution compatible for precise and controlled odors.
We've seen the "end" of Youtube, a pirate's map, and now smell-o-vision for your smartphone. Something tells me that Google isn't done yet. Hit the break to see the product video with the technical description of how it all works (yes, Google goes all-in for April Fools' pranks!) and visit the source link to try it out for yourself. Hopefully, you'll have better luck than I did -- everything smells like that turkey sandwich I was holding.
- Filed under: