Google I/O 2009 is Google's own developer conference and it's happening as we speak. There should be a pretty large Android imprint on the event so expect news to flow in for the next couple days.
To kick off the conference, Google announced some Android numbers that reveal the ever-growing popularity of our favorite smartphone OS:
- 10 carriers in 12 countries
- 4,900+ applications in Android Market
- 40+ app downloads per user
- #2 in US mobile web browsing
- 3 platform releases, and counting...