If you’re a football fan who wants to stay up-to-date with news and analysis right from your mobile device, you may want to check out the National Football Post app for Android. This free app from aggregates National Football Post columns and provides them in an easy to read fashion. When the app opens, the homescreen features five menu options along with three tabs, which you may slide left or right to access. The main menu options include:
- Hot News & Rumors: This option gives you the most up-to-date articles that include news and rumors from around the league.
- NFP Features: The NFP Features tab contains the latest articles from NFP columnists such as: Andrew Brandt, Matt Bowen, Joe Fortenbaugh and Wes Bunting.
- Scouting Dept: The Scouting Department option is for all those NFL draft experts out there who want to read up on prospects, view rankings and see who their favorite team may choose come April.
- Fantasy: As you can probably guess, this option gives all the fantasy news you could want to make sure your team is ready.
- Get Sharp: Get Sharp is the new NFP online television series. It features experts talking about the big football topics of the week. While the videos are not embedded in the app, you will get a summary to read to find out what they said.
The tab options along the top are: Home, Team News and Saved. For the Team News option to show up, you need to select a favorite team. That tab will then feature all current news relating to that team. The Saved tab is for articles you have marked to save, which works well if you wish to read some of them later.
The National Football Post Android app is one of the best ways to stay on top of your football news and analysis on-the-go, particularly if you’re a big NFP fan. As mentioned above, it is available for free from the Android Market. Please find app links and more screenshots after the break.