Children of the 80s will be pretty pumped to hear that Angry Birds Transformers is now available on Android. Not only is Angry Birds putting aside their well-known physics puzzle gameplay for a more action-packed side-scrolling shooter, they're also staying true to the retro charm of original cartoon series. What they aren't putting aside are the standard freemium mechanics, like timers and in-app currency.
Here's a quick breakdown of the game's big features.
- COLLECT! Unlock a roster of heroes (and villains) with unique attacks and abilities!
- DESTROY! Leave the slingshot at home – this time you have some SERIOUS firepower!
- VEHICLES! Oh, yes! Car, truck, tank or plane – transform to dodge falling hazards!
- UPGRADES! Get stronger weapons and new abilities for every Transformer!
- TAG TEAM! Borrow a friend's character to unleash a devastating two-bot assault!
- TELEPODS! Scan 'em to unlock, revive or boost your bots!
Download it and let us know what you think. Did you guys watch the old Transformers shows when you were a kid? Fess up, who still has their Transformers toys?