The Galaxy S is Samsung's first high-end Android handset and an ambitious one at that. Samsung ambitiously aimed at releasing this phone in as many markets as possible, and they have largely succeeded with that goal. This version is the original and most ubiquitous, as it can be found in most places outside the US. When it came time for a possible US release, the carriers wanted to customize the phone in order to make it unique for them, which resulted in the Captivate, Vibrant, Epic4G, Fascinate and Mesmerize.
The Samsung Galaxy S boasts impressive specs, including:
- 4-inch Super-AMOLED screen
- 5MP camera
- Android 2.1 (Eclair)
- 1GHz Hummingbird processor
- 8GB internal memory
Top Samsung Galaxy S Stories
Recent Samsung Galaxy S Forum Threads
- How do I save photos sent to me on my gmail account to the gallery on my Samsung Galaxy?
- How do I play sd movie files on my Samsung Galaxy ssd?
- How do I access the internal memory if my phone won't stay on?
- How can I open my Galaxy, it says that I need a pin but I never had one?
- I have a Samsung Galaxy S, and the apps won't download. Help please! What could the problem be?
- Why doesn't my Samsung Galaxy update?
- My Galaxy updated itself, how do I get rid of the new software?
- My Samsung Galaxy is locked, how do I find my network?
- How do I retrieve data from a broken screen of my Samsung Galaxy S I9000?
- Why won't my Samsung Galaxy Lite boot past the T-Mobile screen?
- See All Threads