The Galaxy S is Samsung's first high-end Android handset and an ambitious one at that. Samsung ambitiously aimed at releasing this phone in as many markets as possible, and they have largely succeeded with that goal. This version is the original and most ubiquitous, as it can be found in most places outside the US. When it came time for a possible US release, the carriers wanted to customize the phone in order to make it unique for them, which resulted in the Captivate, Vibrant, Epic4G, Fascinate and Mesmerize.
The Samsung Galaxy S boasts impressive specs, including:
- 4-inch Super-AMOLED screen
- 5MP camera
- Android 2.1 (Eclair)
- 1GHz Hummingbird processor
- 8GB internal memory
Top Samsung Galaxy S Stories
Recent Samsung Galaxy S Forum Threads
- Why is my wifi disable on my Galaxy S?
- Why can't I receive and send photos on my Samsung Galaxy?
- How do I turn on the original Galaxy phone with no power button?
- How do I open secret box on my Samsung Galaxy Lite?
- How can I reset my Samsung Galaxy from my computer?
- How do I connect my phone pickup as external mic on my Samsung Galaxy S smarphone?
- How do I switch between LTE and 3G on my Galaxy phone?
- Why can't I play the music off my sd card?
- The soft keys (menu, home, back, and search) on my phone (Galaxy s, sch-i500) won't work. How can I get them working?
- Why isn't my phone lock screen responding?
- See All Threads