What you need to know
- OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro are now receiving the stable Oxygen OS 12 update.
- The update brings a revamped UI design, new quality of life features, an updated Gallery app, and more.
- While some users appear to have received the update already, it may take a few weeks for the rollout to be completed.
OxygenOS 12 introduces a refreshed UI design that is "inspired by brand-new materials." OnePlus has also added a bunch of new Shelf card styles, new Canvas AOD styles, and three adjustable Dark mode levels.
Additionally, the update enables the Work-Life Balance feature for everyone, which means you can now easily switch between Work and Life modes. The Gallery app has been updated as well and now lets users switch between different layouts using a two-finger pinch gesture.
Here's the full changelog:
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added Earphone Control Card with Bluetooth earphone one-click adjustment
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health stats
- Work-Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
The first stable Android 12 update for the OnePlus 9 series has arrived nearly two months after the company launched the OxygenOS 12 Open Beta program. As confirmed by OnePlus earlier this year, OxygenOS 12 is the final OxygenOS update.
The company is set to switch to a "unified" OS that will merge Color OS and OxygenOS. The all-new OS is expected to debut with the OnePlus 10 series in the first half of 2022.
The OnePlus 9 is a solid value flagship with a gorgeous 120Hz AMOLED display, capable cameras, and a great software experience. What's more, the phone is guaranteed to receive three Android OS updates and four years of security updates.
Be an expert in 5 minutes
Get the latest news from Android Central, your trusted companion in the world of Android