For a lot of folks, tablets are a great alternative to PC's but for some -- it's hard to complete some of the same actions as a PC on one. Looking to bridge that gap is OnLive with their new OnLive Desktop application. Using a cloud based PC you can connect to, you can now complete some of those tasks.
- Instantly view, edit and create documents using actual Microsoft® Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Easily transfer files between OnLive Desktop and other devices
- Experience high-performance, instant-response PC applications
- Interact with lag-free animation and video
- Works with most Bluetooth keyboards and mice (left-click only)
The OnLive Desktop app is available for free with the basic offerings or you can jump up to the paid OnLive Desktop Plus services for $4.99/mnth which allows for some advanced features such as accelerated browsing, full flash support and additional cloud storage for your files.
Something to note however, is the compatible devices. OnLive notes support for the Acer Iconia Tab A500, ASUS Eee TF101, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 and 10.1, and HTC Jetstream but I've had no luck getting it installed on my Mototola Xoom. You can try it yourself though, just jump past the break for the download link.