Verizon today has officially thrown the LTE switch today on 19 more markets, bringing high-speed mobile data to 74 metro areas. Verizon currently has the only LTE-capable Android devices in the United States -- the HTC ThunderBolt, Samsung Droid Charge and LG Revolution. The Motorola Xoom is still expected to receive an update to LTE at some point.
The new LTE locations are:
- Fresno and Sacramento, Calif.
- Hartford, Conn.
- Boise, Idaho
- Fort Wayne and Indianapolis, Ind.
- Flint, Grand Rapids and Lansing, Mich.
- Dayton, Ohio
- Erie, Harrisburg and State College, Pa.
- Greenville-Spartanburg, S.C.
- Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Salt Lake City-Ogden, Utah
- Spokane, Wash.
- Madison and Milwaukee, Wis.
Additionally, LTE coverage has been expanded in San Francisco and Detroit. Verizon says its entire 3G coverage area will have LTE data by the end of 2013.