Media Converter is a versatile application for converting videos, audio, images, documents, and e-books on the go. The app is easy to use. Simply select what category of media you are converting, choose the file and what format you want to convert it to, and click submit. With almost 50 different file types you can convert your files to in six different categories, there is sure to be a solution for your needs. The speed of conversion was surprisingly fast, at least faster than I was expecting, and since everything is uploaded and converted in the cloud, your battery doesn't feel a strain.
Supported file types:
- VIDEOS: Convert nearly any format to 3GP, 3G2, FLV, MKV, MP4, MPEG-2, OGG, WEBM, or WMV.
- AUDIO: Convert nearly any audio format to MP3, OGG, WAV, WMA, AAC, FLAC, M4A, or MMF.
- IMAGES: Convert nearly any format to JPG, PNG, BMP, EPS, GIF, HDR, EXR, SVG, TGA, TIFF, WBMP, or WEBP.
- DOCUMENTS: Convert just about anything to PDF, DOC, TXT, ODT, FLASH, or HTML.
- EBOOKS: Convert ebooks between many formats such as EPUB, MOBI, PDF, LRF, FB2, LIT, PDB, TCR.
- ARCHIVES: Convert files to archives, or convert between archive formats! Supports ZIP, BZ2, 7Z, and GZ.
I didn't have a problem converting any of the files I threw at Media Converter, but there are some important things you'll want to take note of. First of all, you have to be connected to the internet to convert anything. Files get uploaded to the cloud, converted, then downloaded back onto your device. Also, files must be under 100mb, and DRM and password protected files can't be converted. Also, to select files from your device, Media Converter will prompt you to download and install a free app called OI File Manager, otherwise you can only select files from your picture, video, and music galleries. With all that said, if you are looking for a versatile file converter, Media Converter is worth a look and is available for $3.99 in the Android Market.
Download links and screenshots are after the break.