Audio-only stream below
- Download it directly with this link
- Subscribe with your favorite Podcatcher: Audio feed | TuneIn Radio | Pocket Casts
- Subscribe in iTunes: Audio feed
- Listen to it here with the player above
Phil and Jerry spill everything they've learned about Android 2.2 Froyo, Phil's time with the Evo 4G and still find time for a bunch of your voicemails and e-mails. Listen in!
Android 2.2 Froyo features
- Video walkthough
- Benchmarking Android 2.2 (Froyo) and the JIT against Android 2.1 (Eclair)
- Google Android developer explains more about Dalvik and the JIT in Froyo
- Froyo Feature: A better Android Market
- Froyo Feature: Android 2.2 screen rotation
- Froyo Feature: vcf contact cards now integrated into Android 2.2
- Froyo Feature: 3D gallery and camera changes in Android 2.2
- Froyo Feature: Easily switch between your eight-most recent applications
- Froyo Feature: A better stock Android keyboard
- Froyo Feature: Bluetooth voice dialing
- Froyo Feature: 802.11n WiFi support
- Froyo Feature: How to use the Google Chrome to Phone Extension
- Froyo Feature: New security lock options
- Froyo Feature: USB and wireless hotspot tethering
- Froyo feature: USB Mass Storage tweaks
- How to update Android 2.2 Froyo to your Nexus One, the manual way
- Running a modded Nexus One? Here's the easiest way to get Froyo
- Now that we have Froyo, it's time to feed Flash to Android 2.2
- Yes, the version of Froyo we're using isn't final, but you knew that, right?
- Why carriers need time to upgrade their Android versions [#io2010]
Evo 4G news
- Sprint Evo 4G hardware hands-on
- Sprint Evo 4G software walkthrough
- How to turn off Sense on the Evo 4G and return the stock Android home screens
- Video: Multitouch on the Sprint Evo 4G
- Sprint Evo 4G sized up alongside the Palm Pre
- Evo 4G's front-facing camera shoots images in reverse
- Sling Player, Android, Evo 4G - 'nuff said
- HTC EVO 4G rooted before its official release
- Win a free Evo 4G from Android Central! [contest]
Other hardware news
- Motorola Droid Shadow
- And here's another picture of the Motorola Droid Shadow
- Hands-on with the LG Ally [#io2010]
- T-Mobile is making the myTouch 3G Slide the center of its universe
- T-Mobile Garminfone coming June 9 for $199 after rebate
- Dell Streak gets official announcement & specs
- Shots of space - from the HTC Incredible
Other software news
- Fring nearly as excited about the Evo 4G as you, launches video calling
- Vlingo speech app now available in the Market
- Android Quick App - Adobe Reader
- Android Quick App: Pixel Zombies Live Wallpaper
Want to be on the podcast?
Sure, you can just listen to the AndroidCentral Podcast. (And you should.) But it's much more fun to be a part of it. And there are several ways you can do so.
- Live Q&A: Look for the link each week to join the live Q&A.
- E-mail us: Have a question and want us to answer it on-air? E-mail us here.
Join us live
We record live before a studio audience (erm, chat room) Friday afternoons around 4 p.m. Eastern/1 p.m. Pacific. You can find us then at http://www.androidcentral.com/live. Or check our Google+ page for the Hangout with Q&A.
Who we are
If you're interested in advertising on the Android Central Podcast, please contact The Midroll.
The AndroidCentral Podcast is sponsored by ShopAndroid.com. And thanks to these great artists for providing their music under the Creative Commons license: