Audio-only stream below
Phil and Jerry spill everything they've learned about Android 2.2 Froyo, Phil's time with the Evo 4G and still find time for a bunch of your voicemails and e-mails. Listen in!
- Download it directly with this link
- Subscribe with your favorite Podcatcher: Audio feed | Video feed | Stitcher
- Subscribe in iTunes: Audio feed | Video feed
- Listen to it here with the player above
Android 2.2 Froyo features
- Video walkthough
- Benchmarking Android 2.2 (Froyo) and the JIT against Android 2.1 (Eclair)
- Google Android developer explains more about Dalvik and the JIT in Froyo
- Froyo Feature: A better Android Market
- Froyo Feature: Android 2.2 screen rotation
- Froyo Feature: vcf contact cards now integrated into Android 2.2
- Froyo Feature: 3D gallery and camera changes in Android 2.2
- Froyo Feature: Easily switch between your eight-most recent applications
- Froyo Feature: A better stock Android keyboard
- Froyo Feature: Bluetooth voice dialing
- Froyo Feature: 802.11n WiFi support
- Froyo Feature: How to use the Google Chrome to Phone Extension
- Froyo Feature: New security lock options
- Froyo Feature: USB and wireless hotspot tethering
- Froyo feature: USB Mass Storage tweaks
- How to update Android 2.2 Froyo to your Nexus One, the manual way
- Running a modded Nexus One? Here's the easiest way to get Froyo
- Now that we have Froyo, it's time to feed Flash to Android 2.2
- Yes, the version of Froyo we're using isn't final, but you knew that, right?
- Why carriers need time to upgrade their Android versions [#io2010]
Evo 4G news
- Sprint Evo 4G hardware hands-on
- Sprint Evo 4G software walkthrough
- How to turn off Sense on the Evo 4G and return the stock Android home screens
- Video: Multitouch on the Sprint Evo 4G
- Sprint Evo 4G sized up alongside the Palm Pre
- Evo 4G's front-facing camera shoots images in reverse
- Sling Player, Android, Evo 4G - 'nuff said
- HTC EVO 4G rooted before its official release
- Win a free Evo 4G from Android Central! [contest]
Other hardware news
- Motorola Droid Shadow
- And here's another picture of the Motorola Droid Shadow
- Hands-on with the LG Ally [#io2010]
- T-Mobile is making the myTouch 3G Slide the center of its universe
- T-Mobile Garminfone coming June 9 for $199 after rebate
- Dell Streak gets official announcement & specs
- Shots of space - from the HTC Incredible
Other software news
- Fring nearly as excited about the Evo 4G as you, launches video calling
- Vlingo speech app now available in the Market
- Android Quick App - Adobe Reader
- Android Quick App: Pixel Zombies Live Wallpaper
Want to be on the podcast?
Sure, you can just listen to the AndroidCentral Podcast. (And you should.) But it's much more fun to be a part of it. And there are several ways you can do so.
- E-mail us: Have a question and want us to answer it on-air? E-mail us here.
- Voicemail: We love actually hearing from you. You can leave us a voicemail toll-free at (888) 468-6158 Ext. 222.
Join us live
We record live before a studio audience (erm, chat room) Friday afternoons around 4 p.m. Eastern/2 p.m. Pacific. You can find us then at http://www.androidcentral.com/live.
Who we are
The AndroidCentral Podcast is sponsored by ShopAndroid.com. And thanks to these great artists for providing their music under the Creative Commons license: