Picture sharing apps have become all the rage and now it's an all out war between PicPlz and Instagram. While Instagram has not found its way into the Android Market yet, PicPlz however has. If you're a user of PicPlz you might have been a little down in the dumps to hear the iOS version got cleaned up while the Android version remained untouched. That has changed now, as the latest update is now available in the Android Market for download and brings along with it some awesome UI changes. Full change log is listed below for those curious:
- Live thumbnail preview of your picture with different filters applied.
- Fixed rare crash on sign up
- Fixed issue with notifications not clearing from status bar
- Camera view no longer turns screen brightness to 100%
- Fixed issue with camera not properly detecting the flash state on start-up
- Other misc bug fixes
In addition to the UI changes, developers will be happy to know that PicPlz has opened up their beta API access. Something, which Instagram recently cut off stating their API, was neither ready nor scalable enough to handle that kind of traffic. Download link is after the break folks. [Techcrunch]