Motorola is at it again, bringing another one of its stock apps to the Google Play store. The latest to arrive on Google Play is the stock Moto Email app, making updates and feature improvements much easier to implement. Along with its arrival on Google Play, Motorola detailed quite a few updates and improvements in this version:
- Disable sync while roaming
- Progressive search capability for emails
- Attach pictures from Camera in composer
- Notifications for attachment download failures/cancellations
- New option "Select All" for email operations
- Customize peak time sync schedule
- New option to choose number of emails to sync for POP account
- New safe way of communicating with Google Gmail server using OAuth 2.0
- Bug fixes and stability improvements.
This is just the latest stock app from Motorola's phones to make the jump from system level to Google Play, with the company previously moving its stock Camera, Gallery, and Moto Assist (among others) over as well. So if you're using a Motorola smartphone, you should start seeing more frequent updates and improvements to the Moto Email app now that it's broken free from the shackles of system updates. If you'd like to check out the latest update, you can do so on Google Play now. One thing to note, however, is that you may have to wait for your current app to automatically update before the Google Play version will show as compatible with your phone.